Fall is finally here! Now’s the time to finish up any pre-winter maintenance and get your home and yard ready for those cold months ahead.
Follow these 12 tasks to get your home clean, warm and cozy!
- Fix cracks in concrete and asphalt
- Clean out the gutters
- Turn off outdoor plumbing
- Start composting
- All those leaves will bring you gardening gold next summer!
- Clean outdoor furniture and gardening tools
- Plant bulbs for spring-blooming flowers
- Prepare your furnace for winter duty
- Consider getting your furnace professionally serviced in time for the cold season.
- Clean the fireplace chimney
- Keep the warm air inside and the cold air outside
- Check your windows and doors and re-caulk if needed.
- Light the way
- Bring as much natural light into your home as you can. To accentuate, clean your windows and blinds.
- Create a mudroom
- Even if you don’t have a dedicated room, now is the time to organize an entryway that will serve as a mudroom for the cold and wet weather.
- Home safety check
- Replace the batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide monitors. Create a family fire escape plan.
Now that you have done all the work – sit back and enjoy this season in your warm, comfortable, safe home!
You can read more on these tips here!